Official Statement on COVID-19
TUESDAY, 10 MARCH, 2020
ISDI is committed to focusing its efforts, resources, and educational technology to aid in the containment of the virus while still delivering an unparalleled learning experience
To our ISDI ecosystem,
The current state of COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease) is a growing concern that is being monitored closely worldwide. Many of us are aware of the special measures being taken by health organizations on an international, statewide (Government of the Community of Madrid) and national level (Government of Italy).
Given the extreme situation at hand, ISDI is committed to focusing its efforts, resources, and educational technology to aid in the containment of the virus while still delivering an unparalleled learning experience to our students and members of our digital ecosystem.
To help prevent against the spreading of the disease and to ensure the health and safety of our students, professors and staff, ISDI will institute the following measures effective 11 March 2020 through 26 March 2020, in line with the measures and guidelines outlined by local health authorities:
● All in-person classes at our Madrid and Barcelona campuses will take place as scheduled but will change to an e-learning format using the online platform that our students and professors are familiar with. Both of our physical campuses will be closed during this period, so students are expected to continue their studies online through the virtual campus and collaborative tools they have used in the past. This methodology has been in use the past five years for classes, webinars, workshops and Backbone Project meetings to much success. Professors, guest speakers, P.O.’s, and LX Managers will continue leading their classes, workshops and Sprints per usual via these online platforms, with our expert technical support team specialized in e- learning and online collaboration on hand to ensure a great educational experience.
● To aid in the containment of the virus, our physical campuses in Madrid, Barcelona, Paris and Mexico City will be closed to all students, faculty and staff, in line with regulations put in place by government authorities in those cities. Thanks to our online educational platforms and teleworking capabilities, our Technical Support and Learning Experience teams will monitor and provide support for all students and professors so that they may continue their studies and attend classes virtually from the comfort of their own home.
● In-Company Training will also shift to an online e-learning format. In the past few weeks, many of our international clients have preferred this methodology given travel restrictions imposed on their employees and the feedback has been extremely positive. For employees in these courses, being able to attend the session virtually and study from home has served as positive motivation, understanding that their company is proactive and committed to their professional development even in tough times like these.
● All of our scheduled physical events are postponed or will be shifted to an online format. This includes all info sessions and student admissions interviews. These interviews will be done via videoconference, as we currently do for our international, online and blended programs.
● All work-related travel for ISDI staff, professors and collaborators has been suspended. Staff will work remotely in the same flexible manner available to them for personal, flexible or efficiency purposes. In this manner, we are both aiding in the containment of the disease while reinforcing our message that technology is an effective tool for work productivity.
● ISDI will offer its technology and digital know-how in online education to other institutions and companies that need to keep their operations active in a remote format. At ISDI, we are very fortunate to have the technology, mindset, knowledge, and experience to deliver stellar online education, and we are happy to extend our aid, resources, and support to other organizations who are unable to deliver their services at this time.
If you need any further information regarding these measures or answers to any questions you may have, please contact us through one of the following channels:
Thank you to everyone for being a part of our ecosystem.
Nacho de Pinedo